1. Sentence fun
2. Check vocab & books & journal
3. Let's get playing & discussing
1. What type of person is Gonzalo? What was his role in the plot against Prospero? Does his behavior seem consistent with how he acts now?
2. Sebastian and Antonio ridicule Gonzalo. What does this tell us about their characters?
3. Antonio incites Sebastian to kill his brother and take the crown of Naples. Why? What does this tell us about Antonio’s motives? What does Sebastian’s response tell us about him? What could Shakespeare be saying about human nature?
4. Gonzalo's idea of a nation: the Utopia.
Homework questions to be answered on this blog:
1. Is it surprising that Caliban willingly worships Stephano and desires to give him control of the island when he resents Prospero for usurping what he considers his rightful claim? What does this show the audience about Caliban? (think literal and big picture)
I would suggest your answer your questions in a word/text document and then paste into the blog. And make sure you put your name either at the top or bottom of your post.